Thursday, July 12, 2012

Organic & Natural


I've been receiving many requests from brides recently about how they would like their flowers to be very organic & natural. Ok, I can do that! Less and less brides are doing fussy formal arrangements, instead they are turning to natural, wild, loose designs. This was a beautiful May wedding up at Stein Eriksen Lodge. Do you think of bride and groom frolicking in the green hills..... nope. Snow, scarfs, hot chocolate, fireplaces, etc. The weather can turn on you fast in the mountains of Utah. For all the destination brides out there, plan accordingly. May and the first part of June can be iffy. I've done weddings in June when it has snowed in Deer Valley. Yikers! Wendy & Jon were such a lovely couple! I enjoyed seeing their personalities come out in all the wedding details. I really need to get some of the professional pics.... but for now, here are a few of my own.
Loved her bouquet. Hosta leaves, ranunculus, billy balls, rosemary, succulents, hydrangea, dahlias & stock.
Um, how do I take a good picture in low light? Help! The tables had 5 eclectic bottles or jars filled with all different types of flowers. Antique books and candles finished off the entire look.
The chandeliers were a labor of love. Sad that I didn't get a good shot. Fresh green garland wrapped 4 of the chandeliers and then I added hanging votive candles. I used fishing line (I almost went crazy), but the affect was very Harry Potter Hogwarts style.
Loved how the Chuppah turned out!

No comments: